We currently have an opening for a Psychologist at 3 clinics under the umbrella of pt Health in Cole Harbour, Russell Lake, and Elmsdale. pt Health is a fast growing company of multi-disciplinarian therapists including massage therapists, chiropractic care, physiotherapists, dietician, occupational therapists and family physicians. We work in multi-disciplinarian treatment model in order to treat the whole individual.
- Doctorate Degree or Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology or related field in Psychology (e.g., Counselling Psychology).
- Registered or Candidate Register Psychologist with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiner’s in Psychology
- Assessment, treatment, and consultation skills relating to the impact of psychosocial factors on the rehabilitation process an asset.
- Knowledge of techniques to assist with managing pain symptoms an asset.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to utilize a cognitive-behavioural approach to assist client’s with a number of issues such as anxiety, depression, OCD, anger management, relationship/marriage counselling, and other mental health issues.
- Opportunity to complete psycho-educational assessments on children/adolescents in order to help diagnose learning disorders, behavioural disorders.
The benefits of joining our team include:
- Competitive Salary.
- Becoming a member of an inter-professional collaborative team.
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits (drug, dental, optical, paramedical).
- Generous Education Allowance.
- Access to our multi-faceted Professional Development programs.
- Professional Advancement opportunities.
Must be registered and in good standing with the Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and quote job ID #172NS in your subject line.